We love talking about maps and compasses. So much so that students now frequently ask the question about location and where parents bought gifts from," Did your mom and dad get it from the north/south/east or west?". It is wonderful how students are taking concepts learned in other areas and connecting it to their show and share and other aspect of their learning.
This week, we have a treasure hunt… students will be using a map of the elementary courtyard and looking for hidden treasure that I acquired today- now to pack them and name them! ;-)
This activity will be a wonderful picture opportunity and I look forward to sharing it with you all. In the mean time here is a picture of the map we were learning about and the kids working on them.

This week, we have a treasure hunt… students will be using a map of the elementary courtyard and looking for hidden treasure that I acquired today- now to pack them and name them! ;-)
This activity will be a wonderful picture opportunity and I look forward to sharing it with you all. In the mean time here is a picture of the map we were learning about and the kids working on them.
![]() |
| Pete's Treasure Map! |




No comments:
Post a Comment